Time Estimate Entry Problem

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
markbesley

Time Estimate Entry Problem

Post by markbesley » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:25 pm

When I try to enter a time estimate with a decimal part, e.g. "1.5 days" for an item that I am adding in the Item Tracking web interface, I get the following error after clicking Submit:

"Error 500: The Server is unable to process your request, click the login button to go back to the login page"
Login Page

"Login Page" is a link but when I click it, it does not go back to the Login Page at all. It goes back to the item I was trying to enter but the information I had typed is lost.

lbauer

Re: Time Estimate Entry Problem

Post by lbauer » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:05 pm

What version of Vault Pro are you using?

Could you send me a copy of the Vault Server log and the Vault Pro log? The Vault log is called called sgvault.log and is in %windir%\temp\sgvault on the server machine. The Vault Pro log is in the Vault Pro directory in %windir%\temp\sgvaultpro.

Send the logs zipped up to support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda. Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

lbauer

Re: Time Estimate Entry Problem

Post by lbauer » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:24 pm

I looked into this and it appears to be a known issue. If you create a new work item add time estimate with a decimal in it, you get the error.

We've updated this in Vault 7 to tell you a decimal is not valid.

Try using a smaller unit of time instead of a decimal. For example, instead of 1.5 work days, use 12 hours.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager