Label Contents Report

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
rbrown13579

Label Contents Report

Post by rbrown13579 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:58 am

Hi,

I have just installed a trial version (10 user) of Vault 7.1.0.32028. I have the server installed on a Windows 7 64-bit machine along with:

IIS 8.0 Express
SQL Server Express 2008 R2 SP2
.NET Framework 4.5

I am running the Vault Pro Client on a Windows 7 64-bit machine.

So far I am very impressed, but am struggling with performing a Label Contents Report from the Vault Web Browser Interface (using a repository built from an imported VSS database). I know the VSS database has imported correctly and I can see all the relevant check in comments and labels.

At first when I tried the report it failed with an error - I then read in the support forum that I should install Microsoft Report Viewer 2012, which I did (along with SQLSysClrTypes).

I then tried again and managed to get a report to work, but each time since I have tried it I either get an empty report, or just get a plain white screen when I click on "Run Report".

I have checked (in fact I copied and pasted) the label name into the "Label Name" field so I know that is correct.
Once (the time the report worked), I managed to get the Repository Path to automatically populate when I clicked on the relevant folder on the left hand side under the repository. Now if I click a folder it just takes me to the view for that folder (i.e. it takes me away from the Report screen).

I understand there is no way to run the report directly from the Vault Pro Client (so I could link it directly to the correct label?)

I would be grateful of some assistance in this matter.

Thanks
Richard Brown

Beth

Re: Label Contents Report

Post by Beth » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:17 pm

When running the label report, each field has to be filled out completely. You must choose a repository, the location the label was applied at (not a parent folder above it), and the exact label name.

It looks like we should have an error if things are filled out correctly or if the label isn't found.

If you fill out all of the fields, do you get results?

Also, it appears that Chrome and IE are a little more forgiving with the Labels report than Firefox.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

rbrown13579

Post by rbrown13579 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:57 am

Hi,

Thanks. I think I found what I was doing wrong.

When entering the repository path I was entering backslashes instead of forward slashes (should have been $/folder/sub-folder). This works in IE and I just tried it in FireFox and that is also working.

Label reports are a great feature and one which we missed greatly in VSS. Would it be possible to consider the following requests as part of a future upgrade?

1. Would it be possible to generate a report from the Vault Pro Client instead (browse thru the repository to the correct folder, view labels, right click then generate report?)
2. If not, would it be possible to be able to populate the 'path' and 'label name' by navigating through the repository folders when in the label report screen? Currently I have to open Vault Pro Client to see label names then manually type it and the path name into the report screen (my problem with the '/' vs '\' highlights the issue)

Many thanks for your time,

Richard

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:21 pm

I've entered feature requests for items 1 and 2 in your last post. Thank you for your feedback.

F: 17493, 17494
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support