VSS handoff using VaultPro 5.1 not handing off shares

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
sgailey

VSS handoff using VaultPro 5.1 not handing off shares

Post by sgailey » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:49 pm

We are running Vault Pro version 5.1.2.19283 and I'm handing off a very large VSS database. Large as in about 20gig in top level files. The handoff completes without any errors but none of the shares are created in Vault. I looked at the log and it did not indicate any errors. We have handed off this database in the past as a test, and are ready to finally ready to finish the project.

The Server is a 2 cpu VM with 8 gig ram. Its running MS 2008 server (64 bit). I have preallocated the Vault database to be 250GB already.

When handing off I select the root $ folder of the VSS project and move into the root of a newly created repo in Vault. The harddrive that the database and temp files for vault was getting close to being full, not sure if that would cause a problem. I have sinced increated the HD free space by 200gb. I would attach the log file but as you can expect it is quite large.

We have 15 other repositories already running on the Server, many that have been handed off without any issues. Like I mentioned earlier, I did perform a test handoff a year ago on this database, and the shares did make it over. Would the limited HD free space cause a share drop? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Stuart

lbauer

Re: VSS handoff using VaultPro 5.1 not handing off shares

Post by lbauer » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:39 pm

Hard to say what happened. It's possible we re-establish shares last, and maybe there wasn't enough temp space for that?

It would be helpful to see the the Vault Server log. You could FTP it to us.

Email me at support at sourcegear.com, ATTN: Linda, and I'll give you instructions.

Also let me know if there are any Event Viewer errors that might be relevant.

Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

sgailey

Post by sgailey » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:48 am

It worked, the problem was a corrupted VSS database. Fixing the bad shares prior to Vault handoff fixed the handoff. Thanks for the assistance here and offline.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:50 am

Thanks for the update. That's good news. : )
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager