ReportViewer problem

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
ajj3085

ReportViewer problem

Post by ajj3085 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:31 pm

I've upgraded to vault pro 7 from 6.1 and I'm having a problem running reports. If I turn off custom errors, I see its missing report viewer.

Server Error in '/VaultService' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Title="bogustext" Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/VaultWeb/VaultWebMaster.Master" ClientIDMode="Static" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="CheckedOutItemsReport.aspx.cs" Inherits="VaultService.VaultWeb.CheckedOutItemsReport" %>
Line 2: <%@ Register assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845DCD8080CC91" namespace="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms" tagprefix="rsweb" %>
Line 3: <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="ShowFolderGrid" Src="ShowFolderGrid.ascx" %>
Line 4: <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolderOnVaultWeb" runat="server">

Source File: /VaultService/VaultWeb/CheckedOutItemsReport.aspx Line: 2

How can I get this resolved? Server is 2008 standard (sbs2008)

lbauer

Re: ReportViewer problem

Post by lbauer » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:24 am

See this link for information on the Report Viewer:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 47&t=21867
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

ajj3085

Post by ajj3085 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:49 pm

lbauer wrote:See this link for information on the Report Viewer:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 47&t=21867
This problem appears to be fixed now.

jcohron

Post by jcohron » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:40 am

We have Vault installed on one server with IIS only installed on windows 2008r2 and SQL 2008 R2 on a different server on windows 2008 R2 server.

I am not familiar with Report Services and have never configured it for use (not sure if I have to)

I installed the ReportViewer on both the IIS machine and SQL machine but I still get the same error.

thoughts?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:14 am

Report Viewer only needs to be on the Vault Server machine, where IIS is installed.

Have you tried restarting IIS? Use the "iisreset" command from a command prompt on the Vault Server machine.

If that doesn't work:

What error are you getting?

Send me your VaultPro and Vault server logs. The Vault server log is called sgvault.log and is in %windir%\temp\sgvault on the server machine. The vaultpro log is in %windir%\temp\sgvaultpro.

Zip the logs up and email me at support at sourcegear.com, ATTN: Linda.

Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

ajj3085

Post by ajj3085 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:05 pm

lbauer wrote:Report Viewer only needs to be on the Vault Server machine, where IIS is installed.

Have you tried restarting IIS? Use the "iisreset" command from a command prompt on the Vault Server machine.

If that doesn't work:

What error are you getting?

Send me your VaultPro and Vault server logs. The Vault server log is called sgvault.log and is in %windir%\temp\sgvault on the server machine. The vaultpro log is in %windir%\temp\sgvaultpro.

I had to reboot, iisreset wasn't enough, but I had also just installed .net 4.5 as well.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:41 am

Is it working now?

If not:

Linda Bauer
SourceGear

jcohron

Post by jcohron » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:16 pm

How embarrassing (for me). The reboot solved the problem. Reports are up and running. I too had to install .NET 4.5.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:44 pm

No problem. :D

Glad all is working now.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

ajj3085

Post by ajj3085 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:13 pm

jcohron wrote:How embarrassing (for me). The reboot solved the problem. Reports are up and running. I too had to install .NET 4.5.
Not at all. I thought it should work without a reboot too.