Cannot connect to Vault Service

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
astrosteve

Cannot connect to Vault Service

Post by astrosteve » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:24 pm

I am trying out vault, and not having any luck. As far as I can tell, the server is setup and working. I can go into the browser on the server and see your pages and menus. This is all on Windows 7 Pro computers (IIS 7.5). Everywhere I see, IIS is setup for .NET 4.0, and I did run those commands to register .NET 4.0 and 2.0. The web page on the server says Vault Professional, and the client is also "Vault Professional" - so I have the correct matching versions. I just downloaded both of these, so they should be the most recent versions. The client says it is 6.1.0.

On the client computer, either from Visual Studio or the Vault Pro Client program, it will not connect. I have tried typing in the name of the server, and it's local IP address, and neither work. "No server was found at the specified URL".

I saw another post about making sure in IIS that anonymous authentication was enabled, it is.

Thanks for any help you can give.

lbauer

Re: Cannot connect to Vault Service

Post by lbauer » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:33 am

Are you using SSL? If so, check the "Use SSL" box. If you're not using SSL, make sure the "use SSL" box is not checked.

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest we schedule a remote assist session where I can take a closer look. Email me at support at sourcegear.com, ATTN: Linda.

Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager