Vault Professional 7.0 BETA

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
jcohron

Vault Professional 7.0 BETA

Post by jcohron » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:04 pm

Any timeframe or word if Source Gear will be having an open/sign up Beta for Vault Pro 7.0 soon?

jclausius

Re: Vault Professional 7.0 BETA

Post by jclausius » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:23 pm

We are finishing up the release at this point in time, and the Vault 7 release is right around the corner.

If anyone is interested in a Vault 7 Beta Program, please post to this thread or message/email me. If it gets too large to manage, we'll go with a more formal approach for communicating about the Beta.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

rsboe

Post by rsboe » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:37 pm

Any chance of some screenshots of the new functionality?

Richard

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:54 pm

Some quickly made screen captures. If you want to see other areas of the system, please let me know.

First up - Work Item Tracking
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Vault Pro GUI client
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

rsboe

Post by rsboe » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:04 pm

Many thanks.

Bit disappointed the Desktop client hasn't got a ribbon interface a la SourceOffSite, but I'll survive.

Any chance of some screengrabs of the new reporting/stats functionality relating to activity on the repository?

Richard

rsboe

Post by rsboe » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:11 am

Sorry, on scanning this thread again I was perhaps a little lacking in enthusiasm when responding to the screengrabs: the docking view in the GUI Client looks much better, and overall the changes look really promising.

We found the current version of Work Items/Bug Tracking a bit too laborious and inflexible, these new enhancements may win us over - though of course we've just finished our own inhouse system. But the idea of having a combined Source Control and Bug Tracking system is very appealing, and overall I really, really like Vault as a product.

Richard

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:23 am

Richard,

While we didn't give the GUI client a complete overhaul, we tried to tackle most of the requests / tweaks suggested by customers.

In regards to Work Item integration and Reporting, those areas are in progress right now. I'll have more to report as things progress.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

rsboe

Post by rsboe » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:48 am

News on v7 seems to have dried up a bit. I see one quite valuable feature has been pushed back to a 7.1 release.

Any news on ship dates? More screenshots? Did the beta test happen - don't remember seeing anything about that.

Richard

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:22 am

If things progress as planned, release will be later this month. We are finishing up now.

In regards to your earlier post regarding reports, there are only a handful of requests we've had, so Vault 7 will have some basic reports, but I'm sure more will be added based upon customer feedback.

For Vault 7, the built in Reports:

Work Item
- Time Tracking Report - A listing of work items matching a date range and selected user (or all users) displaying time spent per work item.
- Project Summary - A break down of by milestone of items of open/completed bugs + time remaining
- Project Detail - A listing of items, current status, and % complete for a given project.

Source Code Control
- Last Activity Report - List of users and date/time of their most recent checkout, commit, label, and shelveset.
- Label Contents Report - List of objects with a given label within a path.
- Checked Out Items - Locked files for a given repository.
- Repositories without Folder Security - A listing of user(s) and which repositories they have full control of every folder.
- Repository Access - A listing of which user(s) access level to a single or all repositories.
- Folder Security - Lists details of folder security settings per user and per repository, based on a selection criteria.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

rsboe

Post by rsboe » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:36 am

Thanks for the update.

I wasn't aware that you were looking for suggestions, I think I have previously suggested that the ability to analyse number of changed LOC by user and file type would be very useful. I'll forward to you what I sent to an earlier Sourcegear sales rep some time ago.

Regards
Richard

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:21 pm

NP. Thanks for the feedback. I've added your comments to some feature requests.

(F:5978)
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jcohron

Post by jcohron » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:50 am

I second with rsboe's suggestion about needing LOCs modified by user / filetype. It is a basic need for measuring a programmer's performance. It doesn't have to be pretty, I just need the numbers.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:10 am

jcohron,

I've added your comments to the request.

In regards to the Vault 7 release, if testing goes as projected expect a full release in two weeks.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jcohron

Post by jcohron » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:29 am

BTW we have a development test box on Windows 8.1. The Web Portal for Vault Pro 6.1 is buggy in IE 11 (I can't click around the admin screens) pretty easy to replicate. Just wanted to make sure you guys were aware for the 7.x release.

great product.

John