external-user disabled

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
jcohron

external-user disabled

Post by jcohron » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:45 am

I am trying to activate the built in external-user account to enable non-developers to put in bug fix requests (Item Tracking) but the Active/Inactive status, user type, security rights are all disabled in the external-user Details screen.
How do I enable this and is there a wiki on proper use?

Beth

Re: external-user disabled

Post by Beth » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:30 am

To enable external submissions, you will go to each project and turn on "Allow External Submissions".
external submissions.png
Next, go to the Item Tracking tab and click on the project you enabled external submissions on. On the right side of the menu at the top will be a link called "External Add." If you click on that link, you will see the form that users will see. Take the URL for that form and provide it to your external users.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

jcohron

Post by jcohron » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:33 am

Perfect, that works like a charm:
http://internalserver/VaultPro/External ... px?pid=101

However, i dont see a way for a user to see which Item Tracking Project they are adding to. Since we have multiple projects as any given time, it sounds like I have to create a cover page and list each project's external add URL. (It would be great if you could put the Project Name and Description in the header area above the form.)
The following may be an enhancement request unless you know how to do this:
We have 100+ customers that use our application. I would love to put the additemexternal URL in the application so our customers can report an issue, however, is there a param I can add to the URL to determine what customer is reporting the issue. Our application stores customer name in its database as part of the configuration so I would create the link as follows:
..../AddItemExternal.aspx?pid=101&customer=Mike%20Jones
which when posted to Vault would store a customer name somewhere
Basically I need to know who sent the trouble ticket in.

Then also it would be great if they could check the status of their ticket item(s).

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:08 pm

Each project has its own URL.

Our external adds don't have the ability to track the user who sent it in. I can enter a feature request.

F: 16995
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support