Relative dates in query

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
russells

Relative dates in query

Post by russells » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:33 am

Is there any way to specify a relative date in a work item query? I frequently need to query items created or modified since yesterday or over the last week, but I cannot save those queries due to the need to explicitly specify the date.

Thanks.

lbauer

Re: Relative dates in query

Post by lbauer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:53 am

In History Query Filter/Sort, there is a tab for Dates & Labels. Under the Dates section, click "Include Past X days" and choose the number of past days you want in the query results. You should be able to save that query and re-use it.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

russells

Post by russells » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:21 am

Isn't that for looking at the history of files within the repository? I need to query defects.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:28 am

Sorry, I misread your post.

There is no relative date query in Work Item Tracking, but you can use Recent Items for this.

Click Recent Items on the VaultPro Item Tracking tab. This will give you the last X number of items which have been Added, Updated or Commented on.

You can customize the results by clicking View at the right of the screen, and selecting Customize. You can configure which columns you want to see and how many rows. Enter a number for enough rows to cover how many new/updated items you might have in a few days or a week.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager