Help end my Vault Pro new server migration nightmare!

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
alexkokkinos

Help end my Vault Pro new server migration nightmare!

Post by alexkokkinos » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:41 pm

I'm essentially following the steps shown on this thread under "Binding Visual Studio solutions after upgrading from Vault Standard to Vault Professional":

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=18991

I'm moving the system to a new DB and application server, and it's going miserably. Right now, whenever I try to rebind things, the change bindings window just says that the new project bindings are invalid. Only a very few amount of simple projects are actually able to be rebound and work properly.

Is there any good procedure for this?

I did notice that .csproj files have our old server location:

Code: Select all

<SccAuxPath>https://our-portal-server.example.com</SccAuxPath>
But doing a find/replace in all these files pointing to the new server doesn't work either.

EDIT: I may have figured this out. Anytime I bound the Solution first it screwed up. I'll be verifying this...
Last edited by alexkokkinos on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lbauer

Re: Help end my Vault Pro new server migration nightmare!

Post by lbauer » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:57 pm

You have two issues that affect bindings:

1) You have to unbind from the Vault plugin and rebind with the Vault Pro plugin

2) You're unbinding from one Vault server to another Vault server with a different name.

I don't think the KB article addresses having both situations at the same time.

I'd suggest we schedule a remote assist session where I can take a closer look. Email me at support at sourcegear.com, ATTN: Linda.

Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

alexkokkinos

Post by alexkokkinos » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:03 pm

lbauer wrote:You have two issues that affect bindings:

1) You have to unbind from the Vault plugin and rebind with the Vault Pro plugin

2) You're unbinding from one Vault server to another Vault server with a different name.

I don't think the KB article addresses having both situations at the same time.

I'd suggest we schedule a remote assist session where I can take a closer look. Email me at support at sourcegear.com, ATTN: Linda.

Please include a link to this forum post.
We don't have Vault Standard, just Pro.

As I mentioned in my edit I have this issue solved. I was binding the solution first which screwed the whole thing up. I should have followed directions better - this forum post was a "throwing your hands in the air and giving up" type of thing.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:48 am

I should have followed directions better - this forum post was a "throwing your hands in the air and giving up" type of thing.
Yes, sometimes binding the projects first and the solution last works best, though it depends on the project.

Glad things are sorted out for you now.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager