Vault Professional Classic Client vs Enhanced

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
DeveloperNicole

Vault Professional Classic Client vs Enhanced

Post by DeveloperNicole » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:42 am

Everything was working just fine until my hard disk on my work computer crashed. I had to work from home for a week and couldn't understand why some of my projects wouldn't open up with visual studio. I kept getting a message like "Failed to register project x with SourceGear Vault Pro...". After getting ridiculously frustrated I removed all project bindings and was able to get back to working from home. Once I went back to work and my original settings were restored on my new hard disk I started having the same problem again. I think there is some issue with the vault versions not being the same. What I notice is that at home in VS 2010 I only have the option of "SourceGear Vault Professional Classic Client" but on my work pc I have that AND "SourceGear Vault Professional Visual Studio Enhanced Client". I'm confused as to why the versions could be different, because I used the same install for Vault on both machines. Please help!

Thanks in advance for your help!

PS - Typically I open VS, then open solution. I do not usually "open from vault"

Beth

Re: Vault Professional Classic Client vs Enhanced

Post by Beth » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:17 pm

Did you install Vault after installing Visual Studio?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

DeveloperNicole

Post by DeveloperNicole » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:33 am

Yes.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:33 am

If you don't have the Enhanced Client listed, that usually means Vault couldn't set the registry keys.

Uninstall Vault. Then run a command prompt as administrator (right-click icon and select Run As Administrator). In the command prompt, type the path and name of the Vault installer to launch it from there.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support