Error when trying to reinstall/repair VaultProClient_6_1_0

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
michaelmhorton

Error when trying to reinstall/repair VaultProClient_6_1_0

Post by michaelmhorton » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:09 am

I'm trying to install the client again after installing Visual Studio 2012 on our Windows 2008 Server, where our Vault Pro 64bit Server is also running. I installed the client just after upgrading (locally from desktop), and it worked fine (only had Visual Studio 2008 installed). Now, a week later, I've installed Visual Studio 2012, and since VS2012 only detects the the Vault Pro Classic Client, I would like to install the client again, so VS2012 will get the Enhanced Client. I had to go through this process with my workstation as well (Windows 7 w/vault pro client only). When I try this same process on the server, I get an error about 5 seconds in "A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file." Then it says the "Wizard ended prematurely" with only the "finish" button to click. I'd rather not uninstall the client completely, since the chances are high at this point that it will not allow me to reinstall even the Classic Client.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

lbauer

Re: Error when trying to reinstall/repair VaultProClient_6_1

Post by lbauer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Is the client installer on the C:\ Drive of the server machine, or are you trying to install over the network?

Make sure the installer is on the server machine.

Also, you could try running the installer from a command prompt that is running as Administrator.

To run Command Prompt as Adminstrator, If you're on Windows 7 or Windows 2008, click the Start button and type "cmd" in the search box. You should see "cmd.exe" listed in the search results. Right click on cmd.exe and select "Run as Administrator."

Then cd to the Vault Client directory and type the name of the installer and hit return. The Vault Client installer will run as Administrator.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager