Cannot rebind project in Visual Studio

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mclark

Cannot rebind project in Visual Studio

Post by mclark » Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:03 pm

Everything was working great until all of a sudden I was getting Unspecified Error when opening a solution.

I deleted the local database1.sos. No help.

I noticed another developer had modified one of the vssc files so I rolled that back. No help.

I deleted everything I had and did a readd from Source Control. Everything seemed ok but now I keep getting the Bindings List and No Server is listed and the Binding column says unable to display. I select the list of projects and choose the correct project mapping and still nothing happens.

So why can't I reassociate these projects in the solution with the correct VSS Project.

I have no issues with running Source Offsite and displaying projects, checking out files.....so its seems that just Visual Studio is messed up.

corey

Post by corey » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:56 pm

Is the other developer working on the project using SourceSafe integrated into VS.NET instead of SOS?
Corey Steffen
SourceGear LLC

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:37 am

No we both use source off site.

corey

Post by corey » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:43 am

Are you both using the latest version of SOS? Version 4.0.2?

Are there any other developers on the project using VSS instead of SOS?

I'd suggest backing up and then deleting your local copy of the project and then attempting an "open from source control" of the project from within Visual Studio. That process will automatically rebind the project as the files are downloaded to your computer.
Corey Steffen
SourceGear LLC

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:45 am

I went in today and changed the bindings and this time it worked. No idea why. I was doing the same thing.