Vault 6.01 GUI - Work Item Dialoge Not Sizing enough

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
slabuta

Vault 6.01 GUI - Work Item Dialoge Not Sizing enough

Post by slabuta » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:55 am

We have users that like to run with the Medium setting in the screen display settings. (In Win7 "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display") This increases the default fonts by 125%. Also, our laptops use a 1600 x 900 resolution.

Yes our eyes are getting bad!

When you do this, you can not make the Description and Detail fields large enough to display anything on the details of a work item when using the "Browse Work Items" view. Look at the attached jpg file to see the window. We can increase it a bit, but not enough to see the details. We have moved what we can around but the tabs where the Comments are only moves so much and we still can't see the upper fields.

Is there anyway to resize these fields so they are usable?
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Beth

Re: Vault 6.01 GUI - Work Item Dialoge Not Sizing enough

Post by Beth » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:43 pm

There isn't a way to just resize the one field.

Did you try making your work item window bigger? I know most of my stuff is always set to Medium as well. There are quite a few fields there. Once you resize the window a little more, you should be able to use the Details scrollbar for the rest.

Another option is to view work items through the web client by going to http://<your Vault server>/vaultservice/vaultweb and logging in.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

slabuta

Post by slabuta » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:19 am

Thanks for the reply Linda. Yes, the Web client does display all of the fields easily, but we tend to use the GUI for most of our work.

The worst field is the description field. It's almost unreadable. When we use medium font size. This is with the window made as large as I can.
BrowseWorkItemsMediumFonts.jpg
Here is the same window using the small font size.
BrowseWorkItemsSmallFonts.jpg
I am still not 100% sure how/if we will use the integrated work item tracking, but having it almost unreadable in the GUI will make our implementation more difficult. Those users using the Medium font setting will be forced to use the Web interface at times.

So I guess this is a future enhancement request to allow for more sizing options in this window.

Thanks,
Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:42 pm

I've entered a feature request for this functionality. Thank you for your feedback.

F: 16564
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support