Vault Client Bind Error after upgrade from Std 4 to Pro 6

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
gos56280`

Vault Client Bind Error after upgrade from Std 4 to Pro 6

Post by gos56280` » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:40 am

The install/upgrade finished fine for 4.0Std to 6.0Por for the server. I followed the install directions explicitly.
I updated the licenses in the web admin.
I loaded the client, and cannot work now, and my team is stuck because of the following:

"Failed to register project with SourceGear Vault Pro Visual Studio Enhanced Client"
"Project Sql is bound using a different SCC provider: Sourcegear Vault Cisual Studio 2005 Client:{hex number here}"
We have projects that are referenced in multiple solutions, so I want to be sure to do the right thing here about the bindings since this was a caveat/condition of the another post. The only project it allows us to load is the website; the rest (everyone) gives the error.
We are all using VS2008 and have been for years; no change there, although some of the project may have been orinigally created in VS2005. Also, all solutions were in VS2008 and same for the projects; we do not manage any code outside these parameters. Our client system is Windows XP Pro SP2.
SQL Server 2008
VS 2008

Please help.
Thank you

lbauer

Re: Vault Client Bind Error after upgrade from Std 4 to Pro

Post by lbauer » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:35 pm

When you move from Vault Standard to Vault Pro, it's like moving to a different source control provider, because they use different plugins.

The solution is to unbind your projects from Vault Standard and rebind to VaultPro.

First, open your solution. If you are using the Enhanced Client integration, use the menu item "Change Vault Bindings" in Visual Studio under File->Source Control. This will give you an unbind dialog where you can remove the bindings. After you unbind, "save all" to save your unbound solution and project files. Then, in the Change Source Control dialog, click Bind. You should get a Connect to Server dialog and be prompted to log in to Vault and find the repository location of your project. Click on the correct folder in Vault, and then click OK to bind.

If you are using the Classic Client integration, look under File->Source Control->Change Source Control in Visual Studio to get the bindings dialog.

More details directions here:
http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=18991
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager