VaultPro 6 client install problem

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
dcornelius

VaultPro 6 client install problem

Post by dcornelius » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:12 am

I have been using Vault 5 Std for a while and am about to upgrade to 6 and I thought I'd try out the Pro version to see if it would benefit my group. Instead of putting it on our server or finding a separate machine, I noticed I could install only the client and connect to SG's public server.

So I created a virtual machine with Windows XP SP3 and all updates, including .NET 4 and copied the newest Vault 6 Pro .msi to the desktop and ran it. I got the same problem as mentioned by another person in this forum: "Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package...."

Following the instructions from that other thread, I created a msilog.txt file and ran msiexec pointing to the log file. I've attached the log file to this message.

From what I've read, I don't need to install the server and it should run in XP, although this is a virtual machine.

We're still using Vault 5 and nothing is messed up, this is just a trial so there's no fire to put out, but I'm curious why the install failed and would like to try some of the Pro features.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David Cornelius
Retail Dimensions, Inc.

Beth

Re: VaultPro 6 client install problem

Post by Beth » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:55 pm

Do you have Visual Studio on the machine you are installing to? If so, what version? It appears to be failing on something related to installing components for Visual Studio.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

dcornelius

Post by dcornelius » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:47 pm

No, I don't use Visual Studio. It's a pretty clean and generic XP VM. I've installed all optional software updates, including Silverlight, but no development tools.
David Cornelius
Retail Dimensions, Inc.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:29 pm

I'd like to see how the install actually runs in this case. Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread?
Beth Kieler

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:44 pm

Update: Root cause was the machine was missing the 2.0 .NET Framework. The 4.0 .NET Framework won't cover it. Any .NET Framework from 2.0 to 3.5 (the 3.x frameworks include the 2.0 framework) will cover what the Vault client needs.
Beth Kieler