An old bug and a new one :c)

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mathewss

An old bug and a new one :c)

Post by mathewss » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:39 pm

I have noticed since sos 3.x and have noticed it still exists as an issue.

It seems and i dont know the exact size but if files are larger than ~64K and you have history and you try to diff the history it wont do anything it just flashes and thats it.

New bug is that it seems with sos 4 that my client seems to lock up on some areas of my src safe database. If i have my tree open to some areas it goes out to lunch and never comes back. Then when i run it again it starts up on the same folder so it goes out to lunch again.. I have loged the server and it shows.

8/26/2004 4:44:17 PM - 2: Ignore remote dates = False
8/26/2004 4:44:17 PM - 2: GetFileList project: $/webprojects/com.nutech
/WEB-INF/XSL/WSV2.0
8/26/2004 4:44:23 PM - 2: Time to execute: 0 minutes, 6 seconds, 437 millisecond
s.

seems to indicate it completed properly. that is all i see nothing else comes up till i kill the frozen client..
Regards
Sean Mathews Nu Tech CTO

struct SoftwareProfessional {
double salary;
long lunches;
float jobs;
char unstable;
void work;
short tempers;
};

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:44 pm

How many files in this project? Does SOS seem to lock up only on projects with lots of files in them?

Regarding the problem with the diff from history -- what type of file are you diffing?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Geoff Hall

Post by Geoff Hall » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:13 pm

I think the problem that mathewss reported is simpler - and more "sinister". Thanks to his ideas, I experimented with a few of my own trying to solve the same (or similar problem) and discovered if the CASE of the files is different between VSS and SOS, the Show Differences command won't work - bummer dude!

When you change a file's case in SOS, VSS changes case as well. It would be more than nice if SOS returned the favour when the case is changed in VSS - even more so because of this bug!

corey

Post by corey » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:57 am

We've reproduced this problem as well and have logged it as a bug. We're currently working on a 4.1 release and a fix may be included in that release.
Corey Steffen
SourceGear LLC