Cannot connect due to the endless logging in

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Chris Roth

Cannot connect due to the endless logging in

Post by Chris Roth » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:25 am

We are using SourceOffSite 4.0.2 on WinServer2003 for the server. I updated the VSS 6.0d registry key for concurrency issues. The clients are using SOS 4.0.2 on WinXP SP1 and VS.NET 2003.

Intermittently we have an issue where the first couple of users can connect in and start working without problem. But then the next batch of users will use either the SOS client or VS.NET and wait endlessly to log in.

According to the log file they were successfully logged in, yet the client application just didn't realize it.

Anyone seen something similar or have some suggestions for a fix or further troubleshooting ideas?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:05 am

When second batch of connections hang, are the first set of users able to continue using SOS? Has the SOS Server stopped responding?

Do you have to restart the SOS Server for users to connect again?

Please set server logging to verbose:
http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=463

The next time this hang occurs, send me a copy of the log.txt file from the SOS Server directory. Click the email link below to email me.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Chris Roth

re: endless login

Post by Chris Roth » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:38 am

Any users that had successful connections before the batch of users that seem to hang waiting for a login success indicator can work without issue.

I will enable the verbose logging and post any findings on its next occurrence.