SourceOffSite Service fails to start (SoS v4)

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

SourceOffSite Service fails to start (SoS v4)

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:47 am

Having recently upgraded from SoS 3 to 4 I find I cannot start the v4 service. Their is no Log in the SoS directory and the Event Log shows:

"Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the SourceOffSite 4 Server service to connect."

Any suggestions appreciated.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:53 am

If there's no log file, it's possible the account used by the SOS Server service doesn't have read/write access to the SOS Server directory.

You can determine which account is being used by lookin in Control Panel->Admin Tools->Services->SourceOffSite 4->Properties->Logon. Verify that the account has proper access to the SOS Server directory.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:45 am

The service is running with a domain administrator account. I have previously tried it using the default "LocalSystem" account although the SoS 3.5.3 service wouldn't start either until I changed to a proper user account.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:26 am

Strange, It's now working but I can't think why? These are the steps I have taken between states:

Completed all Windows Update tasks...(4 off)
Journal Viewer
Root Certificates Update
Media Player 9
Direct X9
[Reboot]
Uninstall SoS Server (done multiple times previously)
Install SoS Client
Install SoS Server

I have also twigged the reason for the "LocalSystem" server failure: My SS databases aren't on the local machine - d'oh :-)

Thanks