multiple/recursive gets fail

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

codeGuy

multiple/recursive gets fail

Post by codeGuy » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:38 am

Our sysAdmin recently upgraded our server from NT4.0 to Win2K Server. Since that time gets of multiple files fail. No error message is displayed, the hour glass comes up and doesn't go away until the stop operation button is pressed. The log.txt has entries:

- Connection Established
- "username" connected to database: c:\WebSS\srcsafe.ini
- Socket read failed
- Connection reset by peer
- User "username" disconnected

- Connection Established
- "username" connected to database: c:\WebSS\srcsafe.ini

We're using SOS Server/Client 3.51

Any thoughts on what might be causing this problem?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:47 am

This error generally indicates a network problem. A third party may be closing the connection.
- Socket read failed
- Connection reset by peer
Is there a firewall or other device between client and server that could be closing the connection after a certain amount of time or data has passed?

Can you connect again after this error, or does the SOS Server need to be restarted? If you don't need to restart the SOS Server, then this points to something in your network environment.

Can you get one file at a time? Can you get multiple files in a project? Is it a recursive get from a parent project that's failing?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

codeGuy

re:multiple/recursive gets fail

Post by codeGuy » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:32 am

I can get one file at a time - that works every time. Gets of 2 files in a project work about 50% of the time and gets of more than 2 files fail consistently. Recursive gets from the parent fail consistently. I never need to restart the SOS Server to reconnect.

The log file information seems a little mysterious to me. I do see occasional socket read/write errors but they are not at all consistent. The failure I'm seeing with the software is consistent.

I'm connecting over VPN. The files I'm checking in/out are really small (like 3k) so I wouldn't expect transfer time to be a issue. Firewall - I'm waiting to hear back from my SysAdmin.