unable to locate the encryption component

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Takacsi

unable to locate the encryption component

Post by Takacsi » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:06 am

Dear SourceGear Team!
We are use SOS 3.5.2. I get this message in the log : "server error 418" , and the user who like to connect is get this : "the server was unable to locate the encryption component". Our server was stopped to one weekend, but before I stopping this it was working sucessfully. What is the problem??? THX Istvan Takacs

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:44 am

The error 418 - "The server was unable to locate the encryption component"
indicates that the SOS Server is missing the 'BFDll.dll' file. It is possible this
file was moved or deleted by mistake.

Check the SOS server directory to see if this file exists.

If not, you can try re-installing. SOS 3.5.3 is available for download from our web site. The server is basically the same as 3.5.2. Scroll down to the bottom of this page:

http://www.sourcegear.com/sos/downloads.asp

If you continue to experience difficulty after reinstalling, let me know what build of the SOS Server you are using.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Takacsi

thx

Post by Takacsi » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:52 am

Hello!
Thanks for the early answer! I will try it. How should I do it if I dont want to lose my settings (Serial, Users, Keys)?
Istvan Takacs

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:09 am

You should able to install it over your current installation with no problem, and it will maintain your current properties and keys.

If you want to be on the safe side, back up the sosssvr.prp and sossvr.keys files in the SOS Server directory.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager