SOS 4.0 SCC provider?

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Traveler

SOS 4.0 SCC provider?

Post by Traveler » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:16 pm

Hello,

Does the SourceOffSite client have an SCC provider, like Vauilt does? I'd like to use SOS from within my editor, but not have to build the cumbersome command line for each operation.

TIA.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:10 pm

Do you mean a client API? No, SOS uses SourceSafe's API and we don't have a public API for SOS.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:06 am

I can set up my editor (SlickEdit, but most editors have a similar facility), to work with source control, either via command line, or through some sort of provider that exposes a known api. SourceSafe does this; apparently, Vault does, too. I'd like to have the similar capability in SourceOffSite.

docdevore

Post by docdevore » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:30 pm

lbauer wrote:Do you mean a client API? No, SOS uses SourceSafe's API and we don't have a public API for SOS.
We are using SourceOffsite 4.x client with Source Safe 6d. We are considering an add-in from TeraTrax called Source Guard to provide source control for SQL stored procedures. Teratrax Source Guard is a stored procedure, trigger, and view editor that is natively integrated with Microsoft Visual SourceSafe. do you know of any problems using it in conjunction with SourceOffSite. It also uses the SourceSafe API.

Thanks,
-Doc

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:43 am

We don't have any experience with Teratrax Source Guard, and I don't think we've heard from any users who've used it.

We've found that not all plugins that work with VSS work with SOS, but certainly it's worth trying.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager