Two (or more) SOS 4.0 processes (windows)

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Gregg

Two (or more) SOS 4.0 processes (windows)

Post by Gregg » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:11 pm

I don't seem to recall having this problem with 3.5.x.

When one SOS process (window) is working on something, all other SOS processes go dead until the first processes has finished. Is there a way to launch SOS to not share whatever it is that they are sharing?

thanks

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:02 pm

Could you give me a more specific example so I can reproduce what you're seeing?

Are you trying to use two SOS clients on the same machine at the same time or does this refer to two SOS clients on different machines?

What operations are you doing? What was the behavior for those operations in SOS 3.5.x and how is it different with the version you're using now -- I assume it's 4.0.2?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

blehenbauer

Post by blehenbauer » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:58 am

We are able to reproduce this issue consistently.

If I have the VS.NET project open, and I do a get, then I try to open SOS client, it hangs. I’ve done this 3 or 4 times.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:50 am

I wasn't able to reproduce this, but my Gets in VS.NET weren't very large.

Does this happen on any machine?

At what point in opening the GUI Client does it hang? When you launch the app, try to login -- other?

Is it possible you're using a lot of memory for the Get and that slows down opening the GUI Client? If you're doing a get from VS.NET and try to open an application other than the GUI Client is that app slow in opening too?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager