SOS (Server/Client) Freezes on multiple users.

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

clintonkopotic

SOS (Server/Client) Freezes on multiple users.

Post by clintonkopotic » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:25 pm

I am running Visual SourceSafe 6.0d on MS Windows 2000 Server with SourceOffSite 4.0.2 Professional Server Demo Version. I am sitting behind a firewall and am currently using port forwarding to communicate. I have posted a message earlier about licensing and thanks for the reply. We have seen a performance increase, of using SourceOffSite over the distances from Israel to the west coast of the US.
There is a huge hang up though. Whenever a user logs on using SOS Professional Client 4.0.2 and then a second user from another location logs on then both programs don’t continue to communicate and the server doesn't respond as well. The only way I have resolved the issue is by one, not having two people on at once. Since we are small enough this isn’t two big off a problem but is an inconvenience. The second is if the communication freezes then I have to restart the SOS server.
I need resolve this issue before I can recommend purchasing licenses. Any help will be appreciated, but a solution is what is needed.
Thanks,
Clinton
Thanks,
Clinton

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:21 pm

See this KB article for a solution:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=10
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

clintonkopotic

Post by clintonkopotic » Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:07 pm

Thank you so much. It works! We will be using it to see how it continues to preform. Thank you so much for the help. SourceOffSite is definitly looking as though this is a good solution for us. Thanks again.
Thanks,
Clinton