File History not visible

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Krish

File History not visible

Post by Krish » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:10 am

Hi,

I have a problem with SOS in the following senario:

There are 39 entries in the history of a file in VSS under a folder but in SOS, only 5 entries(Latest entries) are visible for the particular file but for the other files in the same folder all histories are visible. What could be the problem and kindly send me a solution for the same.

Regards
Krishnan

randolphb

Post by randolphb » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:01 am

We are also having problems viewing file history. So far there are 2 files that don't show history and we know that one file has at least 38 check-in's.
We ran a report in VSS and the history is still there.
This history reporting is vital for our development.

Who can we talk to for a resolution?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:59 am

What versions of SOS and VSS are you using?

There were some changes made in SOS 4.0 so that it does a better job of retrieving history, especially when using VSS 6.0d.

This history problem appears to be a bug in the VSS automation component. SOS asks for a history list from VSS, but the automation component is not returning everything.

You can try a demo of SOS 4.0.3 to see if this resolves the problem. SOS 4.0.3 can be installed on the same machine as 3.5.3 if you want to test it with your database.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Steve North

More to this than just showing the history list

Post by Steve North » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:51 pm

I am having the same problem. And to add to this...I can't do a diff on any of the versions that are shown, SoS hangs. 3rd piece of this is that I can't do a get on any of the previous versions, only the newest is available, again SoS will hang.

All installs of Offsite professional 4.0 are fresh installs not upgrades. I would love to try 4.0.3 on this...