SOS Client can connect, but pages cannot be displayed

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

tyoung

SOS Client can connect, but pages cannot be displayed

Post by tyoung » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:21 pm

Hi,
I have had SOS up and running on P2P network for a year now. We are setting up a Windows SBS server (basically Server 2003 with ISA Server 2000 on the same machine) and I am in the process of moving our SOS Server to the new Server machine. I have installed SOS Server. Before moving any SOS data over, I tried connecting from SOS Client both on the Server machine and another client machine within my LAN. The client will connect to the server, but when I click on any of the links on the left, I get error 403 - Forbidden "Page cannot be displayed". This is an ISA Server error.

I followed the rules in
http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1083

Without changing the ports used in the SOS Server Manager, the same thing happens with a different error. I get HTTP Error 404: File or Directory not found - IIS. Is there something I need to configure in IIS?

I am not sure if I should do anything to the ports in the SOS Server Manager. The ISA rules above had me set inbound/outbound traffic on 8080 for unsecure connections and on 8081 for secure connections. In the Server Manager, I tried changing the "Command" ports to match 8080 and 8081, and left the "Broadcast" ports as they are (they must be unique so I couldn't make them the same as "Command")...I then restarted the Primary Server. When I try to connect through the SOS Client using port 8080, I get error 407 "The password challenge is not in the correct format. Please make sure you are connecting to the correct port on the primary server." So now I cannot even connect to the server. So changing the ports is probably not the answer!

Would someone please advise me how to get this to work. I am new to setting up Windows Server, so maybe I am missing a step there (i.e. publishing something for SOS in IIS).

Thanks so much in advance.

-Tim

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:49 pm

Are you using SOS Classic or SOS Collaborative Edition?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

tyoung

Post by tyoung » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:39 pm

SOS Collab 1.1.2

tyoung

Post by tyoung » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:24 pm

I realized that the different errors I was getting (403, 404) were not based on different settings. It turns out that even after implementing the ISA fixes, I still get error "403 Forbidden - ISA", but if I keep trying to open that page, I then get error "404 File or directory not found". So this problem still seems to be with ISA.