Recursive Get Latest Version is not recursive

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

molku

Recursive Get Latest Version is not recursive

Post by molku » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:41 am

Get latest version on a folder only get the first level of files. If I delete my local copy of the folder, the entire structure will be created. Am I missing something?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:21 am

I wasn't able to reproduce this. What version of SourceOffSite client and server are you using? When you do a get, are you checking the Recursive box in the Get dialogue?

Perhaps you create give me more specific steps to reproduce. For instance, do your subfolders inherit the working folder from the parent folder?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

molku

Post by molku » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:48 am

I am using version 4.2.
Recursive is checked.
The folders appear to inherit from the parent, but I don't see any inherit preference to set.

When I right-click a folder and choose Get Latest Version..., I would get the two files that were in the folder I right-clicked, but nothing in any sub folders. The subfolders exist locally, but they remain empty. The status window shows a Received file list: line for each subfolder.
Interestingly, a Get Latest Version on a sub folder does not even get the first level of files.

Get latest version will pull everything recursively if the folder I'm getting does not exist in my working folder.
Attachments
SOS.pdf
screenshots
(450.19 KiB) Downloaded 620 times

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:52 am

molku:

The SOS working folder is at: "C:\Pera05RTM\CheckPrint_Stan\CHECKPRINT\Aspects"

Your explorer folder is at: "C:\Pera05RTM\CheckPrint_Stan\Aspects"

Are you using the IDE integrated client for things? Visual Studio/Basic or the other IDEs usually re-map working folders, so where files actually end up is not necessarily the place you think the files are located.

If you open up your Windows Explorer, you should see the files at "C:\Pera05RTM\CheckPrint_Stan\CheckPrint\Aspects"
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

molku

Post by molku » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:37 am

I don't know how I got my working folders out of whack like that, but it seems all good now.
I am not integrating SOS into any IDE.
Thank you for your prompt responses.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:54 pm

You're welcome. :)
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager