Destroy permanently file

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Gianni

Destroy permanently file

Post by Gianni » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:10 am

Hi,

I check on server for the users the permission for only delete the file and not destroy permanently.

Exist a software compatible whith SourceOffSite for destroy permanently the items deleted ???

I have clean the folder temp the all database.

Thanks.

Gianni

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:53 am

SourceOffSite should honor rights that are set by the VSS Admin. There are no separate rights configured in SOS.

If a VSS user has RCA rights, he can Delete items. But a user needs RCAD rights to Destroy.

To determine user rights, login to the VSS database with the VSS Admin Client (SSADMIN.EXE). Look under Tools->Rights by Project/User. If you don't have security rights enabled, you can enable project security under Tools->Options->Project Security.

Let me know if this doesn't answer your question.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Gianni

Post by Gianni » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:40 am

Hi
thanks for your reply but your information are ready on server and the clients are setting for not destroy permentaly.

Thanks

Gianni

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:20 am

Are you saying that an SOS user with RCA rights in VSS can Destroy deleted items?

What version of SOS Server and client are you using, and what version of the VSS automation component?

To determine which version of the SourceSafe Automation Component (ssapi.dll) is used by SOS Server, look under this registry key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{783CD4E4-9D54-11CF-B8EE-00608CC9A71F}\InprocServer32

The value will have the path to the specific ssapi.dll file used by SOS Server. For the version information, locate the ssapi.dll file. Right click on the ssapi.dll file, choose Properties->Version.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager