Moved Fortress/Vault DB to new computer

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

frm79

Moved Fortress/Vault DB to new computer

Post by frm79 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:06 am

I moved my Fortress / Vault databases to a new computer as follows:

- made a backup from the web admin on the old computer (which created sgvbak files)

- I installed the latest version of Fortress on the new computer to create the SQL databases.

- I restored the backup databases into the new computer's SQL Server Express using the Management Studio Express tool.

- I reinstalled Fortress. I told the Fortress install to use the existing databases. I am using Windows Authentication.

When I log in to the Web Admin tool, I immediately see the Admin tab. The Source Code Control portion of Fortress seems to be working fine.

I am having problems with the Dragnet / Item Tracking portion of the software. When I click on the Item Tracking tab, I immediately get this error:

Error

The following database error has occured: Cannot open database "sgdragnet" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'COMPUTER\ASPNET'

When I try to go back to other portions of the Web Admin tool, I get the following error:

Error
Database 'sgdragnet' is already open and can only have one user at a time.

This doesn't go away until I restart the SQL Express service.

I have tried to add all rights to the sgdragnet database in SQL Management, but it doesn't seem to affect it.

Any thing I can do to fix this?

Thank you!

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:13 am

See if the following commands help:

ALTER DATABASE sgvault SET MULTI_USER

ALTER DATABASE sgdragnet SET MULTI_USER

ALTER DATABASE sgmaster SET MULTI_USER
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

frm79

Post by frm79 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:27 pm