(Resolved) 100% CPU Usage when getting latest

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

QueenBee

(Resolved) 100% CPU Usage when getting latest

Post by QueenBee » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:47 am

Changing the threading model to both fixed the issue:
http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... adingmodel

Thanks

---------------------
When I do a get latest the SOS service is using 100% CPU and it is taking much longer than I expected to get the latest version. In the past I have used SOS 3.5 and remember it being much quicker.

Is there anything to check on that might explain why it's using 100% CPU and taking so long to update the local tree? If a prompt comes up on the client asking to overwrite a file the SOSService still uses 100% cpu.
It's not hung or anything. Once the task stops so does the CPU usage.

ssapi.dll - 8.0.50727.42
sosservice.exe - 4.1.2.242
sos.exe - 4.1.2.242
Windows 2003 SP2
Intel Xeon 5110 @ 1.6 GHz, 1 GB

Thanks

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:40 pm

Changing the threading model only applies to VSS 6.0d, with ssapi.dll version 98.48. There was a bug in that version when Apartment threading was used, so it needed to be changed to Both. This isn't an issue with VSS 2005.

Does this happen on any get? Does it matter if it's one file or a large recursive Get? Are other users logged in and doing large gets at the same time?
Is there anything to check on that might explain why it's using 100% CPU
Check the SOS Server log, log.txt in the SOS Server directory on the Server machine to see if there are any errors. Also check Task Manager on the server machine to see if it's SOS that's using 100% cpu or SOS plus other apps.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager