File Types and File Groups

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

dprice

File Types and File Groups

Post by dprice » Fri May 14, 2004 12:34 pm

Hello,

Under Tools.Options.File Types, there are no listings for C# or VB.NET files under File Groups. Can anyone tell me what *all* the files are for each and why I would even need to add them in the first place?

Thanks in advance!
Derek
Derek W. Price

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon May 17, 2004 8:36 am

According to VS.NET 2003 Help, file extensions for C# and VB.NET include: .cs, .vb, .vbs, .aspx, .xml, .txt, .htm, .css, .ascx, .disco, .asax, .resx, plus others. A complete list is available in VS.NET Help. Under Help->Search, search for "File Types and File Extensions." When I did this search, the number two ranked article was "File Types and File Extensions in Visual Basic and C#."

The purpose of the file types option is to allow users to filter by file groups when when adding files to a project. The File Groups list contains the names of file groups that may be used to filter files. The file types included in a selected file group are listed in the "File Types Included in This Group" field.

To filter files based on a particular file type, first set up the filter in the File Types tab of the Options dialog by selecting the filter from the List of file types. Only the files of the selected file type will appear in the Files field.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager