Operatation Failed

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

vinoth

Operatation Failed

Post by vinoth » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:03 pm

Hi all,
I am reciving "Operatation failed" followed by file name when I try to check out files through source offsite client. I am using following versions

Source offsite server version:3.5.1
Source offsite Client version:4.2.x
Microsoft visual sourcesafe version : 8

This error occurs when I enable Pin Support option in Source offsite server.

Thanks in Advance
Vinoth Kumar.VS

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:13 am

SourceOffsite 4.X clients are not compatible with SourceOffSite 3.x servers. The first thing I would suggest is to try this operation with a SourceOffSite 3.X client.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

vinoth

Post by vinoth » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:48 am

Hi Linda Bauer
Thank you for your suggessions. I had tried by installing Source Offsite client 3.5.3 version & checked. I am not able to checkout a file after enabling pin option in server. Is there any way to view checkin & Check out logs in source offsite server.

Thanks in Advance
Vinoth Kumar.VS

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:35 am

You may have some incompatibilities with the software.

SourceOffsite 3.5.3 is not supported with the VSS 2005 automation component. So that could be part of the problem. It is only supported with SourceSafe 6.0.x

You could try the free demo download of SOS 4.2 and see if you have the same problem with SOS 4.2. You can install SOS 3.x and 4.x on the same server machine, as they run as different services.

Be sure to use a 4.2 client when you connect to a 4.2 server. Install the SOS 4.2 client in a different directory than the SOS 3.5 client.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager