Import error

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

sirkirby

Import error

Post by sirkirby » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:42 am

I am receiving an error when trying import certain export files from one fortress system to another. The following is exactly what i received for one of the projects in question:

"An error occurred while importing a transaction for (TxID: 1730 on 11/10/2005 5:54 PM by sirkirby [2]). The import cannot continue."

So far, I've had this problem with the 2 largest and oldest projects that I've attempted to import in to another system. All other exports of newer projects worked just fine. I also tried this when both systems were running Vault 3.5.x , with the same results. I was hoping the upgrade to fortress would solve the issue but it appears to still exits.

What can i do to get a successful import? I've already tried exporting with and without deleted items, which appears to be the only option available.

Chris

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:09 pm

This may indicate a problem with the database. To confirm, we'd like to see a copy of the import log from the Export/Import tool directory.

Were there any errors during the Export?

Are you importing into an existing repository?

Can you import into new repository?

Email support at sourcegear.com ATTN Linda and we'll pursue this further. Send a copy of the import log when you contact us.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

sirkirby

Post by sirkirby » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:42 pm

There were no errors during export.

I'm am importing into an upgraded fortress repository on an upgraded installation of fortress. I just installed vault 3.5.x last week which I then upgraded to fortress today.

Yes, I can and did (entitled Support Repository in the log), with the same result.

I've sent off the log file via email.

sirkirby

Post by sirkirby » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:57 am

Thanks Linda for helping me out with this one!

It appears that i was importing a few transactions from over a year ago that did not have comments associated with them...This caused the import to fail because the new repository that i was importing to had the "Require check in comments" enabled. So, by disabling that option and restarting iis, i was able to successfully import my project.

Thanks again for helping me resolve this so quickly.

Chris Kirby