User disconnected from computername

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

hollandmel

User disconnected from computername

Post by hollandmel » Mon May 07, 2007 9:13 am

I am having problems connecting from one machine to our sourceoffsite server. A second machine I can connect fine. The one machine I am having problems with can connect to the demo sos.sourceoffsite.com without problems. In the log.txt of the machine having problems it gets as far as viewing the client's response and then goes to user disconnected from computername. The user never gets the username, password etc window. Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Melissia

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon May 07, 2007 12:35 pm

What is the OS of the machine that can't connect?
Does it have a firewall running?

hollandmel

Post by hollandmel » Mon May 07, 2007 1:15 pm

The machine that is having the problems is running windows xp. He does have a windows firewall and a norton's firewall. He says he has tried turning off both with no luck.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon May 07, 2007 3:26 pm

Can you post the section of the SOS log that shows information relating to that person attempting to connect to your server?

And that user is the only one with problems?

When you say they tried turning off the firewalls, they successfully got them turned off and then tried, or the firewalls can't be turned off?

hollandmel

Post by hollandmel » Wed May 09, 2007 1:42 pm

They were able to turn off the windows and norton firewall but said it did not work. Today I remote desktop into the machine. I completely turned off the firewall and it worked. They had put in an exception for sourceoffsite into the firewall but apparently there is something else that needs to be adjusted. I assume it is possible to have a firewall and still use sourceoffsite? Any and all info would be appreciated.

Thanks Melissia

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed May 09, 2007 2:44 pm

I'm assuming your network is behind a hardware firewall anyway, right? If so, it's been my experience that's your best protection anyway.

Even though you have SOS listed in the exceptions, it may be closing the port in between communications, so the port needs to remain open. SOS needs a persistent connection. You will need to exclude the port you have configured for SOS to use I think as well.