Russian characters in filenames and comments

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Redart

Russian characters in filenames and comments

Post by Redart » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:39 am

Hello

I've discovered very strange behaviour when working with files containing russian characters in names or check-in comments in Russian. When I try to add them to the your demo repository they work fine. But when I tried to add them to my local server - client says "Operation failed". I've found a lot of such complains on russian forums with no solution. I've tried VSS 2005 and VSS 6.0 on Win XP SP2 with SOS 4.2 with no difference. Please, can you explain, what config you have on your server that works with Russian characers?

PS In log.txt it says:
13.04.2007 19:59:10 - 1: Exception: Invalid access code (bad parameter).

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:19 pm

Is it possible for you to run a test with VSS and the Russian characters?

We could be running different versions of VSS.

Also, can you tell me what OS you have your VSS and SOS servers on? Are they on the same or separate machines? Are they on the same domain?

Redart

Post by Redart » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:41 am

Is it possible for you to run a test with VSS and the Russian characters?
VSS works with Russian characters just fine, I use it that way for several years already. And yes, I could run any test you propose.
We could be running different versions of VSS.

Also, can you tell me what OS you have your VSS and SOS servers on? Are they on the same or separate machines? Are they on the same domain?
I've tryed VSS 6.0 and 2005 with no results..
As to my OS, it is Windows XP Professional SP2 Russian, ssapi.dll's I've tried are 8.0.50727.42 from 2005 SS and 6.0.81.69 from 6.0
VSS 2005 is on the same machine where client is, VSS 6.0 is on other computer. Yes, they are on the same domain.

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:11 am

What version of SOS are you using?

As a test, would you mind trying our SOS server? Here's a link to information on how to connect to our demo server: http://www.sourcegear.com/sos/demo.html.

Redart

Post by Redart » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:57 am

What version of SOS are you using?
The latest one from your site, 4.2
As a test, would you mind trying our SOS server? Here's a link to information on how to connect to our demo server: http://www.sourcegear.com/sos/demo.html.
As I wrote in the 1st post, it works ok with your demo server. But nobody managed to repeat this on his own computer.