SoS 4.2 with VSS 6.0d

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

bcoan

SoS 4.2 with VSS 6.0d

Post by bcoan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:06 pm

We are in the unenviable situation of having one group here using VSS 6 and a group out of state using SoS 4.2. We are unable to work with SoS integrated in to VS2005. We have attempted what was described in the kb article #1149 but cannot get things to work properly. I have tried it internally here, removing binding information, redoing it, checking in just as the article stated. If I check out and bind the project to SoS, then check in and get latest or check out to a VSS only box, the binding fails. VS2005 pops up the "other" binding server info box instead of that for VSS, etc.

Any information would be most appreciated. We have tried everything we could think of but with no luck whatsoever.

Thank you,
Brandon Coan

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:09 pm

Are those who are working with SOS going to keep their bindings with SOS? One can do both, but it's a serious hassle, but SOS can be used internally too if they are willing to just use one.

Is the project a web project? The instructions are a little different if it's a web project, but I'll start out assuming it isn't. Let me know if it's a web project so I can mention the difference.

Have you tried setting SOS to be your default source control provider? That would be under Tools - Options - General.

bcoan

Post by bcoan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:08 am

This isn't a web project. The folks using SoS will be using it exclusively and have, to my knowledge, chosen it as their default.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:04 am

Did you start out using an older version of VSS? Can you look up for me the exact Automatin Component Version?

One thing you might try is the unbinding and then a fresh open from source control.

Also, you're saying the VSS only box is showing SOS when one opens Visual Studio?

bcoan

Post by bcoan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:49 am

To my knowledge, everyone has been using the same version of VSS. The version number on SSAPI is 6.0.98.48.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:10 am

I managed to recreate what you were seeing. I got around it by unbinding the solution, saving it all in that unbound state, then changing my source control and performing a fresh open from source control. I then allowed it to overwrite my files on disk with fresh ones from the database. The one thing to make sure of is that all changes are checked in before making the switch.

Try that instead.

bcoan

Post by bcoan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:14 am

Thanks, Beth. I will try that and see how things are looking.