Exception during Login: Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004D117

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Jared Sullivan

Exception during Login: Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004D117

Post by Jared Sullivan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:40 pm

Hi,

After this occurs SOS Server returns stale and currupt copies of my files is SS. I can fix this by performing a full reconnect on SOS Explorer on the remote machine.

Could still be a Microsoft issue, but I would like to get bit closer to the cause of this error, as I believe an array of issues stems from it.

Failed Resolution: Downgraded from Windows 6.0 to 5.1*
Failed Resolution: Removed unusual characters from my source code files
Failed Resolution: Rebuilt SS database on different hard drive
Failed Resolution: Rebuilt my remote terminal
Failed Resolution: Changed Internet provider

As you can see the hours I have been spending are getting close 20 hours.

This problem has been occuring since SP1 for VS2005. And I will roll that back if needs be.

Thanks
Jared Sullivan :(
Last edited by Jared Sullivan on Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:14 pm

That exception you are getting, are you seeing that on the client machine or the server machine? Can you copy the corresponding errors from the SOS server log and maybe a few lines before it and afterwards?

What version of Windows does 6.0 and 6.1 correspond to?

Does this ever happen if SOS is used separately from VS2005?

Isn't sp1 the one intended for Vista?

Jared Sullivan

bug

Post by Jared Sullivan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:32 am

The exception is from SOS Server log. Although I have rebooted my computer since and log is now flush, I assure you the few lines before were all normal and the few lines after were same error in similar format and eventually was making good connections after that. I have downgraded from Vista to XP, i.e 6.0 > 5.1 only to have same problem. I can confirm that this is a VSS problem that occurs outside of SOS, so I thank you for your help as you are easier to enter into dialog with than Microsoft. When running VS2005 on Vista it is necessary to apply 2 service packs..

VS80sp1-KB926601-X86-ENU.exe (normal 440MB)
VS80sp1-KB932232-X86-ENU.exe (Vista only 29MB)

Since the later has only come out of beta few days ago, I am eager to install that and test.

Again, I only bring to your attention cause now I have exact error code and if I had to lay blame it would be with Microsoft.

Thanks for any help
Jared