CLC problems

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

beyondpara

CLC problems

Post by beyondpara » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:36 am

I have developped a help tool application with .net 2005 to get the specified project from the server located in Germany to the local PC located in China auotmatically. At present I just successfully got part of the the whole project one file by one file, just got about 250 Mb files in 24 hours.

Now I have two problems:

1. When I try to get updated files in one folder using command GetProject with soshome option, it seems that CLC would get all the files in the given folder. But it is said that with the soshome option the CLC would get the files that have been updated.

So how can I get the updated files in one folder\project, not all the files in the given folder\project.

2. When I get a folder using GetProject command with soshome and nocompression options, it would hang a long time without responding, these is only one file in the folder and the size is less than 2Mb.
Even when I use GetFile command with nocompression option it would hang for a long time.

So how can I speed up large files retrieval operations?

In addition the process of the help tool App is as following:

First I would generate all the folders in the specified project/folder;

Second for each folder I would get the files list using GetFileList command in order to update the cache files, as the cache file would be used in the next command to determine which files would be got.

At last I would ues GetProject command with soshome and nocompression options to get files that need to be got in each folder.

Here are some commands I have used:

Info.Arguments = @" -command GetProject -SOSHOME ""C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxx\Application Data\SourceGear\SOS"" -server ""255.255.255.255:0000"" -name ""name"" -password ""pass"" -alias ""IndraWorks2"" -project ""$/Environment/IW-Runtime/7.5.68.0"" -Workdir ""E:\IndraWorks2\Environment\IW-Runtime\7.5.68.0"" -nocompress";

Info.Arguments = @" -command GetFile -SOSHOME ""C:\Documents and Settings\someuser\Application Data\SourceGear\SOS"" -server ""255.255.255.255:0000"" -name user"" -password ""password"" -alias ""IndraWorks2"" -project ""$/Environment/IW-Runtime/7.5.68.0"" -file ""IW-Runtime.zip"" -Workdir ""E:\IndraWorks2\Environment\IW-Runtime\7.5.68.0"" -nocompress";

Info.Arguments = @" -command GetFileList -SOSHOME ""C:\Documents and Settings\someuser\Application Data\SourceGear\SOS"" -server ""255.255.255.255:0000"" -name ""someuser"" -password ""passwoed"" -alias ""IndraWorks2"" -project ""$/""";
Last edited by beyondpara on Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

beyondpara

Post by beyondpara » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:38 am

BTW, my OS is XP sp2 and the version of CLC is 4.2.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:58 pm

1. Are you getting to the working folder or some other directory?

2. Have you tried these commands alone at the command line to see how they work for you before placing them in your application?

Are you sure you want to transfer the files uncompressed? I would think that would add significantly to the time it would take for the transfer.

I'm assuming you installed the regular SOS GUI of the same version, right?

beyondpara

Post by beyondpara » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:58 pm

Beth wrote:1. Are you getting to the working folder or some other directory?

2. Have you tried these commands alone at the command line to see how they work for you before placing them in your application?

Are you sure you want to transfer the files uncompressed? I would think that would add significantly to the time it would take for the transfer.

I'm assuming you installed the regular SOS GUI of the same version, right?
Thanks for your reply!

1. Usually I would get the whole database with given project/folder name "$/".

2. I have tested all the commands at the command line and got some ideas.

And I am suggested to transfer the files uncompressed.

But I have no idea about "adding significantly to the time".

By the way I installed the regular SOS GUI of the same version.

Now I know that GetProject command would update all the version information about the files in the project, but GetFile would not update the version information.

And could anyone give me some idea about the strange strings in the information of a file as shown following:

SAD.doc

Here "SAD.doc" should be the file name, and "5" should be the local version of the file. But I have no idea about "1170290953" and "0", what do they mean?

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:28 am

I believe the 1033599000 is some sort of hex that represents the date fetched to the local machine (so SOS can determine if the timestamp changed due to edit).

I suspect the 0 could just be a spacer.

I mentioned not using the uncompressed option because compressed files are just smaller thus faster.

So, GetProject is working for you, but GetFile still has a problem, right?

beyondpara

Post by beyondpara » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:09 pm

Beth wrote:I believe the 1033599000 is some sort of hex that represents the date fetched to the local machine (so SOS can determine if the timestamp changed due to edit).

I suspect the 0 could just be a spacer.

I mentioned not using the uncompressed option because compressed files are just smaller thus faster.

So, GetProject is working for you, but GetFile still has a problem, right?
Thanks a lot.

Now there is only one problem that GetFile couldn't update the status of the file, so I update the status by myself, editting the cache file.