SOSCMD getting files uneccessarily, marking them "Reneg

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

dshield

SOSCMD getting files uneccessarily, marking them "Reneg

Post by dshield » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:18 am

I'm using the command line client to try and set up a nightly sync of a remote database. I'm using -soshome and -workdir parameters. In testing the process on a folder where all the files are checked in, and the GUI client has just been run to make sure the local files are current, the command line client retrieves half of the files, and the status of these files in the GUI client is "Renegade".

The command line I'm using is as follows:

soscmd -soshome "d:\documents and settings\<user>\application Data\SourceGear\SOS" -command GetProject -server 255.255.255.255:8080 -name username -password "" -alias DBAlias -project "$/Current/Project" -workdir "D:\Local\Project" -recursive -time modification -verbose

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:56 am

The -workdir and -soshome parameters shouldn't be used in the same command. -Soshome will provide the working directory information, as it references the client cache. If you want to use a working directory that's different from the what's set in the SOS Client, then use -workdir, and not -soshome.

Also, don't run the GUI Client and the CLC at the same time, as they use the same cache file.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

dshield

Post by dshield » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:51 pm

Linda,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've removed the -workdir option from the command line, but am seeing the same behavior. I update from the GUI client to make sure the files are current, then exit the client. Next, I run the command from the command line, and it receives about half of the files in the project, and the other half it says are current. If I restart the GUI client, the files retrieved by soscmd have the status "Renegade". I make sure that the GUI client is not running when the command line runs.

Thanks,

Dan

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:38 pm

I'll see if I can reproduce this. What version of SOS Server and SOS Client are you using?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

dshield

Post by dshield » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:03 am

The server version is 4.1.2. I've used clients 4.1, 4.1.2, and 4.2, and it happens with all of them. One thing I have noticed is that the problem occurs primarily with version 1 files. There are some times that the a current file is retrieved with a version number other than 1, but the vast majority of files retrieved in error were version 1 files.

Hope that helps.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:06 pm

I was able to reproduce this, and I have an idea of why it's happening.

There seems to be a bug in the way the CLC fetches files when the -modification flag is set. I tried this with Modification time set in the GUI Client as the file time. A Get Latest with the GUI Client set the file modification time as (for example) 3/8/07 10:05. However when I did the Get with the CLC the file modification time was 3/8/07 11:05.

Generally, a Renegade file status means the timestamp has changed from the time the file was originally fetched, and the file is not checked out.

So this discrepancy may be causing the Renegade status. I'm not sure why the cache isn't being updated to reflect the new Get time with the CLC. I'm thinking the GUI Client and CLC may calculate times differently, or that Daylight Savings time is involved.

I'll log this bug and we'll look into it further.

Meanwhile, as long as you're getting the files with the proper dates, then the Renegade status shouldn't be a real problem.

NOTE: Current time works properly.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

dshield

Post by dshield » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:45 am

Linda,

Thanks for replying. I'll try some things without the -modification flag set, and see if I can accomplish what I'm after.

Thanks again.

Dan