Adding Databases

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

FXVega

Adding Databases

Post by FXVega » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:14 pm

I just purchased a 5 user license and replaced the demo sn. However, when I tried to add additional databases using the server manager, the SOS would not restart (see below - the last 3 lines in the log.txt file). I thought this was a limitation of the demo version since it happened before. I can change the database and restart the service but the bottom line is I can only restart the service if I only have one VSS db listed.

Can anyone help me out on this one?

4/27/2004 12:57:37 PM - Error reading server properties: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "" Key being added: ""
4/27/2004 12:57:37 PM - Error starting up server. Stopping now....

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:26 pm

Either we've had another case like this or you've also emailed Technical Support. We need to take a look at the sossvr.prp file -- the server properties file to see how the databases are listed.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

esimsek

aliases

Post by esimsek » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:35 am

I had the same problem with SourceOffsite 4 this morning. I was able to fix it by specifying aliases for all databases I added to the system.

Looks like if you have more than one db added, you must also enter aliases for them. If you don't, it seems the server thinks you specified the same alias ("") more than once for different dbs.