Incorrect Functionality

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

GreatRewards

Incorrect Functionality

Post by GreatRewards » Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:58 pm

I recently ran into an issue where doing a "Get Latest" of a file and selecting "Make Writable" did NOT change the ReadOnly attribute of the file.

It turns out that, to facilitate speed, SOS "economize on certain operations," and thus files are not actually transferred if the version in the working directory matches the version in SOS. I've been told that using the "Force File Transfer" option will modify the ReadOnly attribute as desired (thanks Linda for the workaround).

However, further discussion with a co-worker illuminated the fact that this is a case of incorrect functionality. By selecting "Make Writable" in the "Get Latest" dialog, I am asking SOS to modify the ReadOnly attribute of the file, regardless of whether or not the versions match. Even if the files are identical, and no "transfer" is necessary, the ReadOnly attribute should still be changed, as I indicate by selecting the "Make Writable" option.

So, in conclusion, the "Make Writable" option does not function as expected. Even though using the "Force File Transfer" option is a viable workaround, this flaw in the functionality should be addressed in future updates of SOS.

Thank you.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:52 am

This issue was discussed in the Support section:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=873

I'll add your comments to our bug/features database for consideration for a future release.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager