Issues Regarding SourceOffsite

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

arvindsharma

Post by arvindsharma » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:05 am

Hello,
I installed Source Offsite on the server. Now, when I am trying to access the project on the local machine, its opening through Sourceoffsite, but I want it to open through visual Source Safe and not Source Offsite.
1. Can u please tell me if Visual SourceSafe and Source Offsite can work parallel?
How can I get the option so that if I am opening the project in local machine, it should open in visual SourceSafe and if I am opening through http, then it should open through Source Offsite?

2.When opening project through source control, if I am trying to checkout the files the following message is appearing asking for the checkout (disconnected).
Can you please review the issues and send me the solution soon.
Thanks,
Arvind

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:34 am

I could use more information about your set-up.

Is your client machine on the same LAN as the VSS database, or are you working remotely?

Or are you working locally sometimes and remotely sometimes?

If you are working both remotely(over the Internet) and locally (on the LAN), are you using the same machine (laptop, for instance) or two different machines?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

arvindsharma

Post by arvindsharma » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:32 pm

Yes ,I am using the same machine locally sometimes and remotely sometimes.How can i set the option where i can have a choice to use either Sourceoff or sourcesafe..
Thanks

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:58 am

If you want to use SourceOffSite, then in the SOS GUI Client Tool->Options->General, check "Make SourceOffSite your default SCC provider.

When you want to use SourceSafe, uncheck this same option in the SourceOffSite GUI Client.

Note: If you are working on a Visual Studio project with SOS integration, the project bindings are to SOS. To use VSS for the same project, you will need to open the project, log into SOS and use the File->Source Control->Change Source Control command to unbind the project.

Then after making VSS your default provider, use Change Source Control to bind the project to VSS.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager