Request for feature, Fixed Issue?, Bug? Linux command client

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Bill Medland

Request for feature, Fixed Issue?, Bug? Linux command client

Post by Bill Medland » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:28 pm

Would it be possible for soscmd to handle wildcards in a get, as SS.exe does? (I guess for efficiency that would require protocl, client and server changes)

In the 4.2 command line client have you fixed the bug where it complains if you DO specify a filename in a rename command (CLparams.c line 453 of the 4.1.1 code).

Is the latest CLC/soscmd code available? (I use RedHat Enterprise Linux which tends to lag Fedora so I have to rebuild it for myself or pollute my machine).

When I use soscmd to do a GetFileList (so that I can do the wildcarding myself) it only seems to return the first few files. That is with the 4.1.1 code. I haven;t looked but presumably it is only giving the first packet of response or something.

Bill

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:33 pm

Would it be possible for soscmd to handle wildcards in a get, as SS.exe does?
This would most likely involve server-side changes to recognize the wildcard. I can log it as a feature request.
In the 4.2 command line client have you fixed the bug where it complains if you DO specify a filename in a rename command
The rename command still does not accept the -file parameter. We need to change the behavior or change the documentation. I've logged a bug.

To rename a file, use the -project parameter with the file path. Example:

Code: Select all

soscmd -command Rename -server servername:8080 -name username
 -password password -database databasepath -project "$/ProjectName/FileA.txt" -newname "FileNew.txt"
Is the latest CLC/soscmd code available?

Yes. Email support at sourcegear.com Attn: Linda and I'll provide you a copy.
When I use soscmd to do a GetFileList (so that I can do the wildcarding myself) it only seems to return the first few files.
Our bug database shows this was fixed in SOS 4.1.2.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager