Server closed connection - badal_k

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

badal_k

Any clues on this

Post by badal_k » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:54 am

Hi,

We are also using SoS over VPN which is connecting to VSS. Till now we did not have any issues but suddenly today we are getting this error "Server Closed Connection".

Any clues why this is happening?

Regards
Badal

ewellin

Post by ewellin » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:05 am

I do not know at this time. We are also trying to solve this problem. I am able to connect to the server and login, then I am prompted to select a VSS database to use, then the error occurs. I can telnet to port 80 on the server, so I think connectivity is not the issue. Does anyone have any other ideas?

badal_k

Server Connection Closed

Post by badal_k » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:28 am

I am using VSS Automation component 6.0.81.69 (VSS 6.0 build 8163) (which i did not see anywhere mentioned in this forum). Are we using any wrong version?

Let me repeat again - 60 people in our project were able to work with this setup till yesterday over VPN and suddenly we are getting this error!. Any clues?

Badal

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:02 am

Since the problem/solution is unique to each user, I've split this topic into two threads, one for each user. This is badal_k's thread.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

ewellin

Post by ewellin » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:01 am

I have solved this issue. We are running the SoS server on the unsecure port, but I changed it from 80 to 443 (normally SSL), and it works. Perhaps the intervening firewall ignores 443 because it assumes it is encrypted?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:51 pm

ewellin: It's possible something was interfering with SOS traffic on port 80, since this is a very commonly used port. If IIS is running on port 80 on the same machine as the SOS Server, this would be a conflict, too.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

badal_k

Server Connection closed

Post by badal_k » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:18 pm

Does idle connection setting affect this? because we enabled this on 15th Nov and in the log file we can see the connection kill request by SOS for every connection requested immediately after that at the same time? And since we are using it on VPN, all 60 people are connecting through one IP and i guess SOS checks for a connection from an IP.. is that right?

Rgds
Badal

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:51 pm

It shouldn't matter if all users are coming through the same IP address. SOS keeps track of each connection.

If you disable "Timeout Idle Connections" in the SOS Server Manager, does the problem go away?

This option should only be enabled if the network connection between the SourceOffSite Server and Client times out on a regular basis. That doesn't sound like your problem. When this option is enabled, connections made by SourceOffSite Clients will be dropped after the configured amount of time. This is disabled by default.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear