SOSCMD 4.0 gives Unable to decrypt user key: c:\progra ...

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

dmcquinn

SOSCMD 4.0 gives Unable to decrypt user key: c:\progra ...

Post by dmcquinn » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:08 am

I am trying to access an encrypted database using SOSCMD 4.0. I get:

Unable to decrypt user key: c:\program files\Sourceoffsite\download.key

From the same machine, the GUI clinet works fine. I have imported the key file that the administrator provided to me. The administrator says that the key file was created with the same server name that I am now trying to access. here is the exact command line that I am using:

"c:\program files\sourceoffsite\soscmd" -verbose -server download.optiframe.com:288 -name dmcquinn -password xxx -database d:\vss\mitekShared\srcsafe.ini -command getprojecttree

I have xxx in place of my password, otherwise this is exactly the command line I am using.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:30 am

The documentation for the SOS 4.0 Command Line Client still has some references to SOS 3.5.3 information.

According to the documentation:
If the Command Line Client connects to the secure port, it will look
for a User Key in the SourceOffSite GUI Client's home directory. In
order to use encryption, the path to this directory must be specified
using the -soshome parameter or by setting a SOSHOME environment
variable.
However in SOS 4.0, the -soshome is no longer the SOS Client directory, but is now C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\SourceGear\SOS. When you imported the .iky file, it should have created a .key file in this directory.

I ran your command (without -soshome) and got a different error message than "unable to decrypt user key", so there may be something else going on. Be sure that you connect with the same server name or IP that the key was created with, and use the same user name as the .iky file.

Try adding the -soshome parameter, and let me know if this succeeds.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager