SOS 4.0.2 crashes/hangs does not allow to start service

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

rameshdesik

SOS 4.0.2 crashes/hangs does not allow to start service

Post by rameshdesik » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:23 am

Hi,

I am running SOS server 4.0.2 on a machine with configuration: Intel(R) Xeon Processor CPU 2.4 Ghz, 1.5GB Ram. I have installed Windows 2000 SP4 server and configured it as Domain controller. I have installed VSS 6.0d server and VSS client and also SOS 4.0.2 on the same machine. Until now, from past 2 years it was working fine. From past 2 months, I see the SOS server hang/crash once in 2 or 3 days. When it hangs, it does not allow me to start the SOS server service. The only way at that point of time is to restart the machine.
I am sending

Please let me know the solution ASAP.

I tried all the options that it specified in the general troubleshooting.

Thanks

Ramesh

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:05 am

Until now, from past 2 years it was working fine.
Since the SOS Server hasn't changed, what else could have changed on the SOS Server machine, your network or with your VSS database(s)?

Do you have more users, and more demands on the SOS Server? Did you change the version of VSS on the SOS Server? Has your VSS database become very large and could it have corruption?

The next time the SOS Server crashes, post a copy of the log.txt file here or email it to support@sourcegear.com, ATTN Linda. Be sure to put a link to this post in your email.

Has the SOS 4.0.2 server always been installed on this particular server machine?

What version of the VSS Automation component is on the SOS Server machine. Here's how to find out:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1510
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager