SOS is not showing in VS.Net 2005 Plugin selection Interface

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

vivekjain

SOS is not showing in VS.Net 2005 Plugin selection Interface

Post by vivekjain » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:41 am

I have installed SOS and have VS.net 2005. I can see SOS is intigrated with VS.net 2005 and able to open project from File->Source Control -> Open From SOS. This opens SOS projects so that i can open my project with SOS. Now Let say I change my default SOS to Source Safe from VS.net IDE as Tools->Source Control->PlugIn selction . Now again i want change my Source control to SOS then it is not visible in Plugin Selection DropDown. I have Attached a Screen shot here with. Please suggest that how will i be able to see SOS in this dropdown and can change my source control Plugin to SOS or MS VSS with Out any hassels.
Attachments
SOSandVS.net05.jpeg
SOSandVS.net05.jpeg (1.68 MiB) Viewed 5783 times

vivekjain

Re: SOS is not showing in VS.Net 2005 Plugin selection Inter

Post by vivekjain » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:04 am

vivekjain wrote:I have installed SOS and have VS.net 2005. I can see SOS is intigrated with VS.net 2005 and able to open project from File->Source Control -> Open From SOS. This opens SOS projects so that i can open my project with SOS. Now Let say I change my default SOS to Source Safe from VS.net IDE as Tools->Source Control->PlugIn selction . Now again i want change my Source control to SOS then it is not visible in Plugin Selection DropDown. I have Attached a Screen shot here with. Please suggest that how will i be able to see SOS in this dropdown and can change my source control Plugin to SOS or MS VSS with Out any hassels.
I am using version 4.2 (SOS)

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:33 am

Shutdown Visual Studio 2005. Then from within the SourceOffSite client, go to Tools -> Options, and enable the Make SOS the default Source Code Control (SCC) provider.

When you restart VS 2005, you should now see the SOS provider.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

vivekjain

Post by vivekjain » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:06 am

Hi Jeff,

Thanx for your Reply. I have already slected SOS my default source control and it is intigrated with VS.net IDE as it is showing in File menu. But When I change my source control to MS VSS as per the above figure then obviosly SOS will not appear in file menu. Now again i want to select SOS to be used my default source control then above figure should show SOS as an enrty in drop down as it has for MS VSS and NONE. So that i can change the sourse control to SOS from MS VSS as i changed earlier to MS VSS when it was SOS previously.

I hope you got it now what i am trying to explain.

Thanx for your support.

Regards,
Vivek

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:07 am

Try to "uncheck", hit OK, and then re-open the Options dialog and "recheck" the default SCC controller from within SOS client.

Visual Studio 2005 stores the list of providers in a different registry location than previous versions of VS. The SOS installer does not write the data to that location, so only toggling this option from within the SOS 4.2 client (not in earlier version) will write data to the correct registry location.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear