Not able to open project in VB 6.0 from SOS 4.2

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

vivekjain

Not able to open project in VB 6.0 from SOS 4.2

Post by vivekjain » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:31 am

I am using SOS 4.2 and have some VB peojcets in it. Now i open my VB 6.0 IDE and go to Tools-> SourceoffSite - > Create project from Sourceoffsite then it opens the SOS window which shows all the projects, Then i select the project and click ok. After clicking okei i get the error "Unable to create working directory". Screen Shot is attached. It countinues prompting this error till all files are traversed. Lastly it says "Failed to reload the project ....." Please suugest how can i open the project directly from vb 6.0 with SOS 4.2

If i apply the legacy approach by getting a copy of project to my local machine and then try to open the project then it allows me able to check out and check in files in the project but it shows me one error before loading the project and it is " Unable to set the version compatible component: C:\components\LUSMP202\LUSMPWeb202.dll" . when i press ok the it starts loading my project and allows me to check out and check in the files. Screen shot attached to fot this one.

Please suggest why i am getting these error and how can i solve them.

Best Regards,
Vivek Jain
Attachments
OpenFrmSOS.jpeg
First Screen Shot ...
OpenFrmSOS.jpeg (767.95 KiB) Viewed 3623 times
LegacyApproachError.jpeg
Second Attachment
LegacyApproachError.jpeg (651.08 KiB) Viewed 3623 times

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:19 am

It's looking to me like the first error might be from the automation component. I was finding that error in a few VS forums. Could you check which version of the automation component that is being used? Information on how to check that is here: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1510

On the working folder, are you setting it to a location on your hard drive?
Has any other project been set to that working folder as well?