Error message

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

sergiogio

Error message

Post by sergiogio » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:57 am

Hello,

When I try to connect to SOS (classic) using soscmd, I get the following error message:

>soscmd.exe -soshome "C:\Program Files\SourceOffSite" -server "www.xxxxxx.com:80" -database "D:\XXXXXX_SS\srcsafe.ini" -recursive -verbose -command GetProject -project "$/build/" -workdir "F:\Source" -name xxxx -password xxxxx
SourceOffSite Command Line Client: 128 bit Encryption version 3.5
Connected to server www.devemos.com at port 80.
Net error during attempt to read headers. (RH1). Error: 0
Closed connection to server www.devemos.com at port 80.

Similarly, SOS GUI says "server closed connection".

However the connection used to work a few days ago... And other users can still access the repository without any problems.

Any suggestion / comment highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

SerGioGio

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:31 am

Did this exact command work before?

My first thought is, could there be some kind of conflict on port 80?

Are you unable to use the SOS Client as well as the CLC?

Has something changed on your network?

It might be helpful to see a copy of your log file. Please repeat the actions that are failing, then email me a copy of the log.txt file from the SOS Server directory of the server machine. Be sure to indicate what your username is and the approximate time on the log that you tried to access SOS.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

sergiogio

Post by sergiogio » Thu May 13, 2004 11:26 am

Still not solved...

the log file does not show any connection at all when I connect from my computer! Logging works though when connecting from other sites.
Even a simple "telnet" won't show any line in the logs.

Still basic tcp/ip connection *does* work, as stated in soscmd output, and "telnet" does successfully connect to the server...

So there must be a failure after tcp/ip connection is established, and before logging is issued.