Connection-Problem

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

t.kehl

Connection-Problem

Post by t.kehl » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:40 am

Hi. I use SourceOffsite 4.2. Now when I open a Visual-Studio 2005 Solution which comes from sourceOffsite, all is working correct. When I try to start a second Solution, which also coms from SourceOffiste (the same database), Visual Studio hangs. When I close the first VisualStudio Session, I will get the Message from the second:

Opening file C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Profi17\Anwendungsdaten\SourceGear\SOS\servers\192168003011\database3.sos in read-only mode. Status Information will not be persisted during this session.

After click on ok button the second Visual Studio 2005 Session is going on.

Can anybody help me, what I have to do, that I can going on with working more then one Visual Studio solution at time?

Thanks.

Thomas

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:37 pm

This is not a recommended thing and several users have had problems with
this. I haven't been able to reproduce the scenario in my test environment yet.

Are you using cryptography or no cryptography?
How are your working folders set for these projects?

When I look at mine, my .sos database is not read-only.
Try closing all your VS and SOS, go to that file and make sure it's not marked as read only. If it is, then change it.
Then open the project in VS and go back to the .sos and see if it turned read-only. If it didn't then try opening the next VS instance.

t.kehl

Post by t.kehl » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:54 am

Hi Beth.

Thank you for your response.
I don't use cryptography.

Now, I have openes a VS with a Solution. This works correct. I have worked in this (checkd out and checkd in). Now, I have started another VS. This is now hanging. Now, I have opened the file database.sos in a texteditor. This is doing correct. But when I try to save the file database.sos, I'am getting the fallowing message (translated from german to english):

-------------------------- File cannot be saved -------------------------- File/equipment is possibly write protected or from another Application to the letter opened! Use “save a”, in order to save the file under another name.

When I look in the explorer, the file is not read only. I think now, the first VS has opened this file exclusiv, and the second instance cannot write in this file.

Can you help me please?

Thanks!

Thomas

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:18 pm

I'm assuming you are working remotely from the server?
Is there anyway you can test the same actions on the server using a local IP address rather than a public one?

t.kehl

Post by t.kehl » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:03 am

Hi Beth,

I have tested this three ways, remote over www, remote over VPN with direct ServerIP, local with direct ServerIP.
All ways show the same problem.
I am not sure, but I think, I have the problem after update on SOS4.2

Thomas

Beth

Post by Beth » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:12 pm

Is it possible to test it right on the server? I'm wondering if it isn't a case of where the ports being taken by the previous process wouldn't cause a problem.

t.kehl

Post by t.kehl » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:43 am

Hi Beth,

I haven't installed Visual Studio on the Server. Can we test this on another way? Would it help for you, if you can reach my computer for maintenance? We have a tool "Netviewer". With this, you can take a look on my pc. Perhaps you have messenger, so we can communicate on this way?

Thomas

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:22 am

Email me at support at sourcegear.com referencing this thread, and I'll respond there on this last post.