SOSCmd hangs while pulling files from sourcesafe

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

praveenvvn

SOSCmd hangs while pulling files from sourcesafe

Post by praveenvvn » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:26 pm

Hi,

I'm using the SOSCmd executable to pull files from source safe. The client (my local box) version is 4.0.1 and the server version is 3.5.

While am trying to pull the files from the sourcesafe server, it hangs mid way. The syntax is posted below:

Code: Select all

soscmd.exe -command GetProject -server inwebdev1:8888 -name user -password pwd -database D:\VSS\srcsafe.ini -project $/Dev/SalesPPSrc -workdir C:\Projects -recursive -verbose
Following ouput appeas on the console:
  • SourceOffSite Command Line Client: 128 bit Encryption version 4.0.1
    Connected to server inwebdev1 at port 8888.
    Received Challenge from server
    Successfully logged in.
    Sending GetProject Command to server.
    Got file: C:\Projects\SalesPPSrc\App.ico
    Got file: C:\Projects\SalesPPSrc\AssemblyInfo.cs
and suddenly the execution stops. Despite waiting for a longer period (for nearly 30mins :cry: ), I don't receive any error response from the server.

I'm using XP OS on my box and the server is running Win2003. I faced this issue earlier while downloading files from the client and then the post http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... highlight= helped me fix if. But now I'm facing the issue while downloading through the command utility.

Any help/guidance on this regard will get me going further.

Regards,
Praveen

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:00 pm

We don't recommend using mismatched clients and servers. Although 4.x clients can connect to 3.5.x servers, not all operations work, and you might get unexpected results.

Did this combination work before for you? If so, that may be some sort of network problem that is interfering with the get, like a timeout. Is this a large project/number of files?

Is there any error in the SOS Server log.txt file (in the SOS Server directory) that correponds to the hang in the command line client?

For best results, I'd suggest using the 3.5 Command Line Client with an SOS 3.5 server. Better yet, upgrade to SOS 3.5.3.

Or you can upgrade to SOS 4.2, which may involve an upgrade fee.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager